Necessary Trekking Equipment
To fully enjoy your trek, having the right trekking equipment is essential for both safety and comfort. The trekking equipment necessary depends on the type of trek, the time of year, weather conditions, landscape, and the maximum altitude of the trek.
A properly packed trekking backpack is light and also includes multipurpose clothing items. It is important for you not to forget the essential equipment for your safety and comfort on your trek. Please make sure that you bring sufficiently warm clothes, especially during the winter season (Dec – Feb). Not having the required trekking equipment and clothing will not only significantly decrease the pleasure of trekking, but could also worsen case scenarios that could be life-threatening. It will also be a burden to you if you pack unnecessary equipment. For your ease, the following are the equipment that you have to bring with you.
- Trekking Boot: one Pair
- Socks: 4, Light socks : 3, Sandle: 1
- Down or Fiber-filled water and windproof jacket and trouser: 1
- Fleece Jacket / Pullover: 1
- Warm cotton trousers: 2
- Shirt and T-shirts: 4
- Lightweight cotton long trousers :3
- Long underwear: 2, Short underwear: 4
- Sun hat / Scarft/ Woolen hat :1
- Lightweight gloves: 1, Raincoat:1
- Heavyweight glove or mitten with a waterproof: 1
- Basic first-aid box
- Diamox tablets to reduce altitude sickness
- Insect/anti-itch Ointment
- Non-prescription medicine such as pain reliever, fever reducer, antibiotics, and ointments
- Prescription medicine traveler's diarrhea, Avmoine
- Female Sanitary pads
- Hand Sanitizer and wet wipes
- Medicine for Cough and Heartburn (It mainly happens when you go to higher altitudes)
- Ibuprofen and also paracetamol in case of fever
- Day Pack at Least 25 kg
- Water Bottle 1
- Sun Cream 1
- Sun Glass 1
- Flashlight with spare bulbs, batteries, lip salve, gaiters.
- Laundry soap
- Swiss Knife
- Sewing Kit, Camera, Film, Cards, and Personal Medical Kit.
- Notebook and Pen
- Toilet articles
- Toilet Roll
For additional information, you can check our article Trekking Gears Checklist.
GateWay For Annapurna Royal Trek:
If you are planning to do Annapurna Royal Trek. The gateway for this trekking Route is from the Pokhara which is 200 km from Kathmandu and it takes an 8hrs drive from Kathmandu and half an hour flight from Kathmandu domestic airport.
Type of Accommodation During Annapurna Royal Trek:
To go trekking means you are visiting a remote area so please do not expect every trekking route you will get a luxurious room same as in Kathmandu and Pokhara. During trekking, you will sleep at the Tea House. The Tea house means normal Local Lodges. where you will get a normal Bed, Blanket, and Common Bathroom. Even a hot shower also needs to pay extra.
Food And Drinks:
During Trekking in Nepal. Most of the places you will get Local Foods like Nepali Thali ( Dal Bhat), MoMo, Chowmin, Thukpa, Fried Rice, etc and some international food Like Spaghetti, Macaroni, Pizza, Pan Cake, Fried Eggs, etc you will get according to the menu. In drinks you can get Local Tea, Coffee, and also even if you request for the water to drinks need to pay extra.
Highlight Of The Trekking:
- Our guides are Trained And Licensed certified by the Government. So you are accompanied by Local experience and hospitable guides and porters during the trek.
- When you reach the View Point. You will be surrounded by snow-capped pikes like Annapurna I, Annapurna III, Annapurna South, Annapurna Fang, Mt. Hiunchuli, Gangapurna, Khangsar Kang, and Mt. Fishtail.
- Culinary Experience: During your trek, you will get chances to experience the fresh Local traditional Nepali food Dal Bhat ( combination of Steam rice, Lentil soup, mix veg ) also mount watering MoMos and homemade desserts Apple Pie can get to taste.
- Hot Spring: When you return from the Trek in the place called Jhinu. There is a natural shower Pool to wash off, the blood, sweat, and tears from the trek