The more you ascend to higher altitude, the more oxygen will be less. Normally, no traveler will be suffered from altitude sickness below 4ooo m. high. But this is not the case always. Those who lack good stamina, physical fitness, those who drink a lot and smoke will likely to suffer altitude sickness.
Mild and common symptoms include headaches (also a symptom of dehydration), low appetite, and restless sleep. More moderate symptoms include vomiting, fatigue, and diarrhoea. Many compare altitude sickness to the sensations of having a hangover. Severe symptoms include blue lips and fingernails, severe difficulty breathing, poor coordination, fatigue, and drowsiness. To avoid altitude sickness, we recommend you to descend down to the lower altitude, hydrate sufficiently and maintain nutrition. In case you have these above mentioned symptoms, inform to our guide since he will be far more experienced than you.
It is required to have travel insurance that covers your rescue in case you are suffered any kind of sickness in high altitude including altitude sickness. We hope everything will be fine during the trekking days but sometimes unforeseen circumstances may occur.Many standard polices cover you for trekking to high altituides, such as on the Everest Base Camp and Annapurna Circuit Trek, but it is very important to check this before you go. Here is a list of insurance companies that we have collected information on (however it is your responsibility to confirm that the information on our website correct):
We recommend companies such as Insure and Go, Virgin Money, and The Post office, as they currently cover the altitudes of all our treks.
For more information please see our information section.
Tea house trekking:
Tea house trekking takes you to the mountain where you stay every overnight at guest house. Food and accommodations are provided according to your choice at the guest house.
Carrying my stuffs when trekking:
We will employ our porters to carry up to 12kgs of weight for each trekker. This is included in the price of each trek. We provide 1 porter for 2 trekkers in accordance to the guidelines set out by the International Porter Protection Group. If you would like more weight to be carried, please let us know. In general 12kg is more than sufficient. If you have unnecessary stuffs that are not required during the trekking days in the mountain, you can leave at the hotel till you come back. They will store it safely.
Normally each porter will carry 2 peoples rucksacks and he will simply tie them together using rope (this does not harm any of the rucksacks). If you are trekking with a friend or loved one, and there is space in one rucksack for both your possessions, then please feel free to share the same rucksack but please ensure that it weighs less than 24kg.
It is helpful if you do not put things that you may need during the day in your large rucksack as you will not be walking with your porter at all times.
Can I drink the tap water:
We don’t recommend you to drink the tap water in the mountains since it is not safe. To help prevent contamination of the environment, we discourage tourists from drinking from plastic bottles especially when in the mountains. Non-plastic bottle options include:
- Drinking boiled water from teahouses.
- Drinking ginger and lemon tea to reduce the need for water consumption.
- Purifying tap/river water using a chloride pump, iodine, or chloride tablets. The taste of the tablets is not appetising, so it is recommendable to use a dissolvable vitamin tablet to add flavour.
How old does a trekker have to be to go trekking:
- All trekkers under 18 must be accompanied by a friend / family member who is over 18 years of age.
- Moderate to strenuous treks: minimum age is 14
- Easy treks: minimum age is 12-11
What is your cancellation policy:
- If you choose to cancel the service(s) that you have paid to Magic Adventure ,we will refund your payment in accordance to the following schedule:
- 75% refundof total trip price for a cancellation made 90 days prior to the original departure date.
- 50% refundof total trip price for a cancellation made 60 days prior to the original departure date.
- 0% refundof total trip price for a cancellation made 59 days or fewer days prior to the original departure date.
- Please note that you can transfer your bookings to another trip if desired less any costs incurred by us in organizing you trip.